Wednesday, June 09, 2010

a new day

Almost six years have passed since I started this blog, which has seen countless rants, woes, joys, and musings. But after almost two years of inactivity (chalk it up to the rigours -- and more woes... but also joys -- of theatre school), the time has come to wipe the slate clean.

I toyed with the idea of a food blog, but with an ever-shrinking attention span pitted against an ever-expanding roster of interests, there will no doubt be some oil spill, American election, or idiotic encounter to set me off on something tangential and totally inedible. This means: no promises. Food's good, but anything goes.

So, in the next few weeks I'll be trying to find myself again, along with old and new readers who want to come along for the ride. Truth be told, I stopped posting because it's hard to be completely candid when you study and live in the theatre world (oh yeah, I do theatre for a living). I was never very tactful in my blog, I can be particularly untactful in life, and I don't much care for what they call "tact" in the colourful world of performing arts. The latter is a necessity that, at its worst, takes the form of sycophantism, artifice, and politicking.

But... at its best, theatre is a place of magic, music, youthful optimism, and some very interesting people. And by whatever wonderous fate, I've had more than my fair share of all these things in the past year. There's an awful lot to love so far, and I like where all this is going... but I've also got my eye on a master's at UBC. And UWO's MIT. And OPP (yeah, you know me).

But not really.

So let's talk about food.

No comments: